Design Science Association
An Association for Good Science
"...He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heavens by His understanding.
How To Research Scientific Journals On line
Research is always one of the hardest parts of creation writing. Trying
to get to scientific journals on line can send one around and around
sterile circles, or to magazines that seem only to reveal themselves for
If you have a Multnomah County library card, follow the simple steps below and you will
be able to read lots of the desired articles at no cost on your laptop
in the comfort of your own bed:
- Go to www.multcolib.org
- Under the first heading on the page: Library Resources, click
- Click on the light blue bar that says Magazines Online.
- Type in your Library card number. Click Login.
- Click on the blue type that says, EBSCOhost--Magazine and Newspaper
- Click Academic Search Elite and ERIC, then click Enter button
at top or bottom of screen if you just want a specific scientific
journal. If you want a subject wherever it is found, click some or all
of the other possible choices before clicking Enter
- From Here you can search for the desired article or subject.
- If you can't find the journal, or the full text is not available
online, ask for it on the library's service: Ask Us! Online. To get
there, repeat step 1 above, then under Library Resources click Ask
Us! Online on two screens. They will send it by email, or photocopy the
article and send the copy to the library branch you choose. In this case
you pay ten cents per page when you pick it up. The librarians who
answer will also do research for you if you ask that kind of a question.
How good the answer will be depends on which librarian takes your
PS - The easiest imaginable access to the Britannica and a lot of other
reference books. Its free: http://www.freeality.com/encyclopt.htm